We are offering a Modern Apprenticeship in Office Administration. This opportunity would suit someone wanting to take a step into working into an office environment and who wants to continue their studies to develop their career further.
What you’ll do:
The role itself will report into our Executive Assistant helping in our front of house reception area which could include greeting visitors, answering telephone calls and organising meeting room facilities. You will also provide support to wider team by undertaking duties such as minute taking at meetings, making travel arrangements, photocopying, sorting mail and a host of other administrative duties.
As an Apprentice, you’ll gain a fantastic insight and valuable skills as well as gaining an understanding of the financial services industry with an opportunity to spend time learning about other areas of our business.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be passionate about providing great customer service
• Be friendly and confident in dealing with a wide range of people over the telephone and face to face
• Be articulate with excellent written and spoken English
• Be a self-starter – using your own initiative to resolve issues and find answers so that you learn along the way
• Be determined to learn and develop new skills
• Possess good general computer skills (MS Office)
• Be flexible – willing to tackle lots of different tasks and prioritise your workload to meet deadlines and expectations
What we’ll provide:
Earn as you learn with a starting salary of £10,000, a contributory pension, 25 holidays plus 9 public holidays each year, life assurance and a medical cash plan.
You will receive support as you study towards a SVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration (in conjunction with our chosen training provider) as well as lots of ‘on the job’ training and guidance.
Thorntons Investments is a Scottish financial services company specialising in investment management and financial planning.
Our values are clear. We are: Driven, Dynamic, Diligent, and Dependable.
We are a small but perfectly formed team. We provide a service our clients tell us they like, that you can trust, and our colleagues can be proud of. We have the skill and expertise of some of the finest financial services professionals in the country and adhere to the processes and regulatory requirements that safeguards our industry. We are led by a dynamic and entrepreneurial management team and are committed to providing a truly personal service.
If you’d like to join our team, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com